Fiona: As animal ambassador for Birds on the Brink Sanctuary, I absolutely love to share all sorts of fascinating facts about us parrots and cockatoos. Because the more you know about us, the more you will know how to interact with us, so human, parrot and cockatoo are all happy.
Do Know These Five Parrot Facts?
- From time to time throughout history, parrots lived in the White House as pets.
- The crest feathers on the top of a cockatoo’s head can tell you how they are feeling. (If flat, they could be really scared.)
- Parrots can live a long, long time, with larger parrots having the longest lifespan, up to or beyond 100 years!
- Not all parrots are found in the tropics.
- Parrots have logic skills comparable to that of a 4-to-5 year-old child.
To view a video expanding on these Five Parrot Facts, click here
header photo© LeighLofgren