OUR CURRENT PROJECTS
Help Us Thrive, Watch Us Grow!
Macaw Habitat Flight
This dedicated macaw flight will be equipped with several enhancements that attempt to simulate the native habitat of wild macaws. From an artificial clay wall, to heated floors and water misters, this flight will give our long-term residents the best that confined living can provide.
- $2400 Donated Toward $15,000 Goal 20% 20%
Rainbow Bridge Memorial Garden
Exotic birds can already live a long time and become a integral part of the family. When they pass, our memorial garden will give their owners an opportunity to memorialize their life and friendship, while helping other birds live a long, fulfilling life of their own.
- $1200 Donated Toward $7,500 Goal 16% 16%
Endangered Species Education Center
Stopping the loss of amazing species on our planet begins with educating our kids. Our new interactive education center will be able to reach our children on their own level and get them engaged with this life-long pursuit.
- $1250 Donated Toward $10,000 Goal 12% 12%
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way to support Birds on The Brink every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to BOTB. On your first visit to AmazonSmile, just select “Feathered Friends Forever Refuge/Rescue Inc.” [see note below] as your charity of choice, so that we can begin to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. Every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.
You can join our community of volunteers and help raise awareness and funds at a variety of local events. Whether you like coordinating events or being part of a team, you can play an important part in helping Birds on The Brink expand our impact. If you’re interested, send us a message here and we’ll be in touch!
Direct Donation to Support a Project Goal
BOTB has several projects underway that require funding. If you’d like to sponsor a particular project, please indicate this at the time you make your donation. All financial donations to BOTB are tax deductible. We’re seeking and greatly appreciate donations through the Donate Today buttons for the individual projects, or through mailing a check to:
Feathered Friends Forever Refuge/Rescue, Inc.
612 Byrd Drive
Harlem, GA 30814
NOTE: Birds on the Brink Sanctuary is a subsidiary of and is built on the grounds of Feathered Friends Forever Refuge/Rescue, Inc. All donations toward funding for our projects go through the FFF non-profit organization and are used directly to support the efforts and needs of Birds on the Brink. Your tax receipt documents will have the name of Feathered Friends Forever Refuge/Rescue, Inc. as the party to which you made your donation.
Birds on the Brink Sanctuary is constantly looking to improve the lives of our resident animals. Please click on the tabs below to see how you can help us reach our goals…
Love & Labor
While cash and material donations are always welcome and needed, the heart of any rescue organization is their voluteer core. We currently have needs for volunteers for the following roles:
- Volunteers for daily bird duties
- Volunteers to manage the cantina and welcome center on the weekends during the summer
- Landscaping company to maintain grounds
- Porch Renovations (contractor and supplies)
- Land Clearing company
- Printing company
- Certified heavy equipment & vehicle mechanic
- Concrete and Finish work
- Block retaining walls built
Goods & Materials
These items are needed as outright purchases or cash donations:
- Pet Carriers (medium and large)
- New Stainless Steel cages ($1,450 to $3,150 each depending on size)
- Ice Maker ( 200 to 400 lbs. used per day)
- Road Gravel (30 loads at $270 per load)
- Golf Carts for tours (6 passenger, gas preferred)
- Replacement batteries for current carts ( 6 carts, 6 batteries per cart, $600 per set)
- Materials & Supplies for porch renovations
- Materials for new outdoor bathrooms
Our vision for Birds on the Brink Sanctuary is always expanding and looking toward a better future for our permanent, endangered residents. These projects will help make this future a reality:
- Rock well drilled (~$10,000) to supply water to all outdoor flights
- 2 Outdoor Bathrooms complete with building, septic tank, plumbing, countertops, flooring, cabinets, etc.
- New Tortoise habitat
- Butterfly House
- Kids play area with gold and precious gems mining attraction
- Covered picnic areas for relaxing, birthday parties, and company picnics, including a cool misted sitting area
- Public parking lot to encourage tours and public visitors